MacBook or Vaio?

LawrenceLundy 08:15 18 May 06

I was hoping you guys could give me a little help in deciding which notebook to purchase. Either the new black macbook 2GHz 13-Inch or the new Sony Vaio VGN-FS21M. Price is similar between the notebooks, I will get 1GB of memory on both but an extra 60gb extra hard disk space on the vaio. But the processor is faster on the MacBook. Which is more important? I will be using the laptop primarary for entertainment e.g. dvd's, music, downloading and VoIP. Also, low-end software such as word processing,powerpoint and spreadsheets. Are the specs comparitable between macs and pcs? What sort of specs should i be looking for? Any advice on anything i have mentioned will be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

powerless 09:51 18 May 06

I'd go and have a look at the Macbook and the software that comes with it, exspecially iLife '06. Also ask about iWork '06 and that will take care of powerpoint in its own way in an application called "Keynote" and word processing in "Pages"...

MS Office for Mac is not cheap...

And the biggest question of them all is, have you ever used a Mac before?

dontmeshwithme 21:05 18 May 06

Personal preference would be the Sony. It has a gorgeous screen. Also I am not a big fan of Apples, if your business id DTP then fine, otherwise PC's have more 3rd party "options" like openoffice. I stand corrected if I am wrong but I don't know of any free opensource office software available for the Apple

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…