Mac to TV

RussPen 16:56 09 Dec 10

Hi - I appreciate that you have received many questions on this before, however I have been trying to connect my Mac laptop from 2003 to my TV to watch Itune films on it and just cannot get it to work.

I have tried a wire - 'monitor' to the three 'phono' type ends (two sound and one video) however although something was getting through I did not know how to get the mac to send the right signal.

I think I am going to have to go down the HDMI cable route and pay out £50 quid for a converter.

Even then, I dont know how to tell the mac to send out the right signal - I know there is that icon in the settings bit for screens and monitors but I have no idea what is really going on there, and even then, will I get the Itunes screen and sound to arrive on the telly...

As you can probably tell, I am a bit of a dinosaur. Should I go to the Apple shop and ask them?

HELP please !!

GaT7 17:03 09 Dec 10

If you tell them what connections each have, I'm sure these Mac users click here will be able to help. If not, start a fresh thread at click here. G

GaT7 17:07 09 Dec 10

This could be useful as well - 'How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV' click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…