Mac query

GBL 08:13 09 Mar 04

My daughter has bought a Mackintosh Power PC G3 from her place of work, who once sold wash their hands of them, understandably.
However on the back there is a telephone type socket which we assumed would be a modem, but it fails to work as such.
Any ideas as to what it could be???

I take it that I can put an internal modem in an expansion slot ans do it that way, without causing problems.

Diodorus Siculus 08:21 09 Mar 04

"telephone type socket" - if not a modem socket, then a Network port - they can be fairly similar.

Do you have any manual for the machine, or can you get one from apple.com?

Diodorus Siculus 08:23 09 Mar 04

I have not used a Mac since MacOS 7.5 and cannot remember it very well, but I am sure that there is some way of listing the hardware on the machine. Is there anything to tell you that there is a modem connected?

GBL 08:25 09 Mar 04

No manual, but as you say probably network, but new to me as I am a novice on this.

I did a search on the net last night for the Power G3 but take it that it has now been replaced by G4 and G5, but couldn't find any info to help me.

GBL 08:25 09 Mar 04

No idea as not a Mac user and my daughter has no idea on how to check either.

recap 08:48 09 Mar 04

It may be a Firewire socket as Mac's come with them as standard fixings now.

click here and pick the model to see the spec's.

GBL 09:28 09 Mar 04

Thanks for that info, I think the best option is to fit a modem card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…