mac powerbook G4

danke 01:29 31 Dec 03

I've purcheased as mentioned above. It's powerfull, 1.23Ghz, 80Gb, MS X o/s, yet, I'm not sure I should keep it. I have no experience with Mac and I'm starting having doubts wether I will be redible for everyone who works on PC.
I'm searching Amazon.co.uk for the Virtual PC for Mac in order to download some software that I've got on my old PC and seems not to work on Mac, and it's so pricey and doesn't get a good review.
I'm going to keep my old paltop that runs Windows XP, and the reason I've bought Mac is that I'm about to designe my website, a gallery, and hope to administer and run it on this new powerbook.

Regarding the WYSIWYG web developing software, shall I first install the Virtuall PC and then Microsoft FrontPage, would it work ok all together on Mac? or spend money on Macromedia Dreamweaver and so don't bother to buy Virtual PC, assuming Macromedia Dreamweaver is compatibile with MAc?
And how about compatibility of some other software that I will need to instal on it in order to maintain my website/e-shop?

Would someone please advice me on those subjects?

Many thanks

Quiller. 07:37 31 Dec 03

The mac powerbook G4 is an extremely powerful and sophisticated tool. These notebooks are bought to do specific tasks and to do them well. If you thought that most windows software would work on the machine then you have been ill advised.

As to virtual p.c. This will bring windows down to crawl when you run the emulation.
click here

and at about £200 it ain't cheap.

Try and think what you want the machine to do. Macromedia Dreamweaver is compatibile with MAc click here click here

As are office aplications that can work with windows on other machines click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…