MAC Operating System

Phphred 09:53 29 Dec 06

Is it possible to put a Mac Operating System onto a PC and if it is, would there be any advantages? Can NTFS read the Mac system in fact what file system is used for Mac?

Kate B 12:09 29 Dec 06

You can click here

bremner 12:40 29 Dec 06

Re the second part of the question

The Mac filesystem is HFS or HFS+. This can see and read FAT partitions but can not read an NTFS partition.

Neither FAT not NFTS can read the data from an HFS or HFS+ partition.

I have an iMac running Tiger dual booting with XP. Windows is on a FAT partition which can be seen in Tiger but not the other way around.

Phphred 12:58 29 Dec 06

Thank you very much Kate B and bremner; between the two of you that was an "information overload" it would be easier just to get a Mac!!

bremner 13:06 29 Dec 06

I love my iMac - Tiger is a pleasure to use and I spend most of my time in that environment.

I have a dual boot to XP which I use when I want to play the odd game or have to do some work at home which has to be done within Windows.

If you bought a Mac you would not regret it I am sure.

Kate B 16:45 29 Dec 06

Macs are great - they just work and don't require anything like as much looking after with patching, scans etc as Windows machines do. I often recommend them to friends who want a computer to do stuff but don't want to mess about with looking after a Windows installation.

Mark McC 11:59 31 Dec 06

got mac os x tiger running on VMware, good if i want a wee break from windows and fart about with a mac

Mark
Happy New Year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5