Mac Hard drive

kingussie 09 Jun 11

Iomega® MiniMax Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0/FireWire® 500GB Can someone point me towards an easy to understand procedure for transferring files to the above Iomega. I have only 5 Gig memory left on my hard drive and need to offload some of the files ( and which ones ?!) to the Iomega

OPS is Mac OSX

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09 Jun 11

My Documents folder really needs to be on an internal disk however All the files in there eg your photos videos music etc could be transfer to an external drive.

Your media play may well be needed to be told where the files have been moved to what media player do you use?

mgmcc 10 Jun 11

If your Mac has a particularly small hard drive, you could use SuperDuper to copy (clone) it to the Iomega external drive and, provided you connect by Firewire, you could then boot and run the Mac directly from the external drive.

Otherwise, use Finder to move your personal data files (pics, music, videos, documents etc) from the internal to the external drive.

kingussie 10 Jun 11

That is really helpful....Thanks very much everyone...will go the SuperDuper route probably as my Iomega has plenty of space

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message