mac codes

darnellephant 17:34 28 Sep 10

i have recently moved into a student flat and have been struggling to set up my internet. i am trying to use BE as my provider however it is asking me for a mac code. how do i retrieve my mac code if i dont know the previous tenant or the provider he was using?

chub_tor 17:47 28 Sep 10

If this is the MAC code for the router there is usually an option to Clone the Mac Code in the router set up.

If this is the MAC Code because you have left a previous ISP and are now setting up a new ISP you need the MAC code supplied by Be - if you don't know the ISP of the previous tenant Be should still be able to set you up but it will take a few days longer. Call them or email them.

spuds 15:42 29 Sep 10

Perhaps no help now, but shortly changing ISP's will be a simple matter of the providers doing all the work for the consumer. Obtaining a mac code will not be the customer's responsibility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…