mac code

conrail 13:34 17 Jan 11

I am looking to reduce costs so have asked my isp, virgin, what they can do, based on their offers I am not making much of a saving so, although I haven't cancelled, I have asked for my mac code, the girl said it is on the bottom of my router, which failed months ago, I phoned requesting a replacement which hasn't arrived, girl says nothing on her system to say I requested this, anyway she has given me my mac code but stated that I only need a mac code if using dial up, broadband doesn't need this, is she right?

RobCharles1981 13:43 17 Jan 11

A Mac Code is used by all services so that girl is fobbing you off.

Who do you plan to move to ???

GaT7 13:49 17 Jan 11

If it's Virgin cable that you're on, then yes she's right you don't need one. But if it's ADSL she's wrong I believe. G

conrail 14:44 17 Jan 11

thanks for replies guys, still looking at other isps, need phone & broadband, have freesat for tv so don't need that although some may be like virgin and give a refund if I take all three, bt have an evening & w/e offer for £14 per month + £13.60 line rental with 10gb allowance, as I only usually download updates for programs that should be enough, I am currently paying £50 to virgin

Graham. 15:23 17 Jan 11

I'm with TalkTalk, I pay around £19 per month for phone and broadband, including line rental.

You wont need a MAC code with TT, they do it all for you.

click here

GaT7 15:41 17 Jan 11

I would recommend O2 click here. O2 BB & home phone packages click here. Been with them almost 3 years now - excellent service. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…