MAC CODE

carol_s 21:30 01 Jun 09

I do appologise for asking this question on this forum, but you have all been so helpful in the past with my queries. I currently have Tiscali broadband at £14.67 per month until October this year. But i want to get SKY £16.50 package while it is on offer, which offers free calls, broadband and tv channels. Ok my question is can i stay with Tiscali until my contract runs out but not have their router plugged into my phone line?, get Sky and use their broadband and router?. It does go on about getting a MAC code from your previous broadband supplier. Does this mean i cant use Sky broadband?.

MAT ALAN 21:35 01 Jun 09

If you are contracted till October then you will have to wait until then, there are always going to be offers from Sky so i wouldn't worry too much.

Normally takes about 14 days to activate a sky connection so you want to arrange your MAC code and transfer to allow for that...

User-1229748 08:09 02 Jun 09

no need to apologise for asking a question like that at all :o)

^wave^ 08:25 02 Jun 09

you can an only have 1 supplier of broad band you can pay a penalty to tiscali and get out of it as said above sky always do offers so wait would be the best option. once your commitment is complete then get a mac code from tiscali and give it to sky. they will send you a change date and router and sometime that day tou will be switched.

Batch 09:10 02 Jun 09

Tiscali may well let you transfer now and give you a MAC code - but they would expect you to pay ALL of the fees due up until October.

carol_s 21:45 02 Jun 09

I have an email from Tiscali telling me that there UK arm has been bought out by Carphone warehouse. I rang them up and they told me that at the end of the month because Tiscali will be carphone warehouse i can get out of my contract free. Great news but it wont be before the Sky offer is finished. Guess you guys are right though, another offer will come along.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…