How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…
After hours of browsing forums/dealers/review sites i've managed to get a rough picture of what kind of specs i'm looking for, however everyone seems to be pointing me in different directions in terms of brands etc. so i thought i'd start my own little thread here to try and actually come to a conclusion!
The reason i'm looking for a laptop versus building my own is the fact that i would have even less of a clue with that and tbh i'm at uni so might be nice to have something portable.
Minimum Requirements: CPU: 2GHz+ (i.e i5, i7 [not sure about the i3]) RAM: 4Ghz DDR3 @ 7200rpm Storage: 320GB+ GPU: No clue here but one that can play newish games (not at full quality) Other: Lots of I/O (3.0 USB), decent cooling and low noise
1) What is your budget?
£500-600 (as little as possible for a machine i won't regret)
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Honestly, not fussed but, the bigger the screen the better (have a 15.6" atm and wouldn't mind upgrading!)
3) Where will you buying this notebook?
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No priority - but well trusted brands in terms of build quality b. Dislike: Compaq - My current (first laptop) compaq presario cq61 always overheats, is extremely slow (windows just grinds to a halt) and the battery sucked and is now in the battery graveyard
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes. Anything as long as it does the job!
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Primary: Music production Secondary: Gaming - would love to play the new GW2 when it lands somewhere in 2012 I believe
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Mostly left on desk
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3-4 Hours roughly
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
With recommendation (hence posting here); buying online is ok
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Most comfortable with WIN7 if it runs smoothly
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
As long as physically possible
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Yes; a CD/DVD Burner
Thank you for your cooperation!
Looking for the Perfect Machine - is there such a thing? You can only look at the best your budget will allow BUT here goes -
ACER - One to consider - Has Intel i5 CPU - Plenty of storage(750GB HDD) - A dedicated 1GB Graphics card - 6GB RAM - in my opinion a decent spec. and price.enter link description here
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.