JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE

nm24 22:54 24 May 03

i have recently installed XP home on my machine and have been unable to access my internet bank account as it keeps telling me to install Java Virtual Machine . I'm TOLD ITALREADY INSTALLED and i can't find it to download anyway? help

beeuuem 23:10 24 May 03

Java for Windows is the first one of the list
click here

beeuuem 23:12 24 May 03

On checking, I see that the link takes you straight to the download you need.

mikef™ 23:12 24 May 03

If it has SP1a it will not have Java Virtual Machine installed go to click here 5th from bottom of the page to get it.

anchor 14:17 25 May 03

You need Java to view and access many web sites. This is not installed by default with Windows XP, (due to a legal dispute with the originators of Java).

Below is the download site of the last Microsoft version;
click here

Alternatively, you can download directly from "Sun", the originators of Java

click here

(I have the Microsoft version). Install the programme, (which-ever site you use). Re-boot. Then Check this:

Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" on the top bar. Scroll down to the bottom "Internet Options" and click. A new pane will open, and you will see across the top 7 tabs. Click on "Advanced". Scroll down the list, (about half way), until you see the entry "JIT complier for virtual machine enabled". Make sure this has a tick against it. Click apply, then OK. Close and re-boot your PC.

Hope this will work for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…