Java Virtual Machine

AJ Beer 19:52 30 Oct 03

Please can somone help me? I have downloaded the JVM from Sun twice now but still get a failure at the end of it and still get (some not all) web pages telling me I need it to view the pages correctly.What am I doing wrong?

I seem to have only expereinced this since upgrading Internet explorer to version 6

Taran 11:01 31 Oct 03

Why have you downloaded Sun Java ?

You can get the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine download from a number of sites:

click here

I'm not getting involved in a debate on whether Microsoft or Sun produce a better product, but you'll probably find the Microsoft JVM will work better with Internet Explorer.

Sun used to include a warning in their documentation that it was not necessarily in your best interest to use Sun JVM as your default Internet Explorer java handler.

Give it a whirl and see how you get along.

Regards

Taran

AJ Beer 20:32 02 Nov 03

Thanks once again Taran. JVM now downloaded, nowe lets ee if I get the pop up in the future on any web site.

By the way I only downloaded the Sun JVM beacause thats is where the pop up directed me. ie to the Sun web site.

AJ Beer 17:38 05 Nov 03

Thanks for the web page It was something I have never seen before. Very clever.

anchor 16:35 06 Nov 03

Thanks for the compliment AJ Beer; glad it worked OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…