Iphone 5C Battery Charge Issue

Swans85 20:41 23 Feb 15

I am currently experiencing difficulties charging my iphone 5c. For the past month or so, I have had to fiddle the cable into a certain position in order to get the phone to charge - push the cable to the right as if the screen is facing you. Fed up with this problem I went into a high-street retailer this morning and a gentleman fished out what appeared to be a piece of dust from the charging port, sent me away and assured me this would rectify this issue. Unfortunately, the phone does not now charge at all. I have tried a number of cables and plugged other apple devices into the cables and they have charged without issue. When I press the reset (on/off) button on the top of the phone I now get a flashing battery with three red lines in it, a lightning bolt and the charge cable which itself appears to be flickering at the bottom. This is causing great annoyance as what was a functioning phone this morning is now not working at all. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…