iPad....or Galaxy Tab? Opinions please!

hawthorn59 04:28 AM 23 Nov 12

Help! I am in a dilemma! i currently have an iPhone 4s, which I am happy enough with. I dont have a mac, just a laptop/pc.

I want to buy possibly an iPad, mainly for use in my one man band performances, as a way of displaying lyrics of songs. I have seen it in operation doing just that and it does it very well.

However Im wondering if I should get a Samsung Galaxy tablet instead (which one? dont know!?). Im wondering if the whole apple thing is over rated and over priced. If I got the Samsung , then at next phone upgrade I would probably change to the Galaxy phone too. I hate the idea of having to use iTunes to put music from my laptop on my iPhone.

I would be going for an iPad2 which are currently €399. I suppose Im looking for general recommendations.......iPhone v Galaxy Phone, iPad v Galaxy Pad, having to use iTunes for transferring music (I prefer WMP)v not having to....! Or is Apple so bl**dy good that its worth the price and the iTunes hassle??

Im totally confused, please give me your opinions!

mehim 15:46 PM 25 Nov 12

I have the galaxy note 10.1. It's my first tablet as I have always thought them a bit gimmicky.

This model seems to da more than I need. The advantage with the pen is fine control, practically pin point accuracy.

I can download what I want to it, they are plenty of apps, it even has infra red control for replacing tv remotes.

The Apple is an Apple, seems tied to I things and I have never liked that.

If you google Ipad/Galaxy they are a few demos of pros and cons.

tanjagersten 12:52 PM 27 Nov 12

Nexus 7, period!

hawthorn59 03:24 AM 28 Nov 12

Yes sorry, I posted it in the mobile-phone forum but there were no replies even after a few days, so I thought maybe it was a quiet forum, and posted it elsewhere.

If this was a problem, sorry!

jemyclarke 07:28 AM 09 Feb 13

I think both are really amazing gadgets. iPad 2 is really awesome tablet which is provide by Apple and you know very well that Apple give world's best technology and applications which you have never seen before.

cellphone 08:27 AM 09 Feb 13

Galaxy tab got some hardware issues...Iphone is the best. www.top7mobiles.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?