iPad syncing with XP

barberosm 19:56 PM 01 Dec 11

Just got an iPad2 and doing very well except for syncing. I have tried to follow the manual, but every time, the whole thing hangs at stage 2. I have the up to date iTunesnand OS 5 for the iPad. Any thoughts please? David Barber

rawprawn 12:46 PM 02 Dec 11

What are you trying to sync? If it's files the best I have found is Dropbox, it works perfectly on my iPad

barberosm 15:38 PM 02 Dec 11

Thank you for responding. I am just trying to get it to back up and sync Outlook calendars, my CDs and contacts for starters. It gets as far as back up stage 2 then just seems to freeze. It's the c iTunes on the computer that freezes and makes no sort of connection to the iPad even though the diagnostics routine seems happy enough. I have various apps in both pad and computer but not other things. Barberosm --I.e. David

Woolwell 16:04 PM 02 Dec 11

I've not had that happen but an internet search indicates that several have had it happen. I cannot find a simple solution. Have you tried turning off your anti-virus/firewall briefly while syncing? Do you meet the minimum requirements for iTunes? Is it the latest version 10.5.1? You may have to uninstall iTunes and re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11