iPad mini backup will not complete

Niedobitek 11:06 27 Oct 15

Since installing 9.1 unable to get backup to finish. iPad mini stated 40 hours to complete via wifi. Deleted most of contents of mailbox but still states it has One Gb plus of mail. In error deleted previous backup and it now states it's never been backed up. Plugged into the mains electricity and speeded up process. After five hours it said only three hours left to complete, but now failed to finish four times. Any suggestions please?

redbuckLa 03:06 28 Oct 15

I have the same problem with my iPhone, though my wireless connection is quite faste with 100M

Macworld 10:29 28 Oct 15

When I had that issue I plugged my iPad into my Mac and backed it up via iTunes. Obviously it's not ideal if you'd rather back up to the cloud, but it should work quicker as it won't be doing it over WiFi. (I assume the same goes for PC/iTunes). It can take a lot of space up on your computer though, so make sure you clear some space first.

Niedobitek 13:12 28 Oct 15

Thanks. That is what I did anyway, but obviously want/need to resolve wifi iCloud problem. Not able to use laptop as often as wifi.

Niedobitek 13:44 29 Oct 15

Have powered off & restarted my ipad but it made no difference. If I do a restore does it take it back to last backup or factory settings?

Niedobitek 06:39 30 Oct 15

APOLOGIES FIONA WANG, YOUR COMMENTS ARE NIT RESOLVING MY PROBLEM. THANK YOU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced