iPad 4 recovery e-mail problem

Grandad99 13:25 PM 06 Jan 13

My wife cannot master my PC and has bought an iPad4, mostly for e-mailing and internet shopping.

She has submitted my e-mail address as her recovery option but I did not immediately open the verification e-mail that came to my PC and it has now expired. The "Resend" option brings up error message HTTP Status 500"

Going to the Apple website for help the only way I can see to solve this is to phone them. However the only number given is a USA one. Is there a UK help centre or any other way I can sort the problem?

Chronos the 2nd 15:10 PM 06 Jan 13

This is a server problem, try again later or even tomorrow.

But have a look here,towards the bottom. https://portal.apple.com/help/generalHelp.html

Chronos the 2nd 15:11 PM 06 Jan 13

I know it refers to not receiving but I would try it anyway.

mgmcc 08:24 AM 07 Jan 13

From Apple's UK website:

Technical Support

Online Support

Visit Apple’s support site for quick answers, product tutorials, self-help guides, user discussions, manuals and in-depth technical articles.

Telephone Support

To get technical support over the phone, please call 0844 209 0611. Lines are open Monday-Friday 08:00-19:45 and Saturday 10:00-17:45. Use Express Lane to request an expert at Apple Support to call you back at your convenience. If your product is within its 90-day complimentary support period or covered by an AppleCare Protection Plan, you will not have to pay for the support. Otherwise, you may purchase per-incident support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November