Ipad 2 Problem - Laptop Doesnt Recognize It

superhoops 16:19 PM 20 Sep 11

Hi

I have a problem that is driving me totally crazy.

I took delivery this morning of a new Ipad 2. I started iTunes and hooked the ipad up to my Windows 7 laptop. The usual noise that you get when you insert a usb device was there. However iTunes didnt recognize that I had plugged the ipad in and nothing happened. I tried 3 different cables but no difference. I uninstalled itunes and reinstalled but still nothing. I stopped and restarted Apple Services. I restarted the laptop, no good.

I plugged in my iphone 4 and it was immediately recognized by itunes. Not knowing what else to do I went to the Apple store and spoke to them about it. She hooked it up to a mac and it was recognized straight away. I went home and borrowed a neighbours laptop and it recognized it immediately.

This is driving me scatty, can anyone help? Thanks

rawprawn 17:03 PM 20 Sep 11

Have a look in Admin Tools> Computer Management> Disk Management and see if it is showing there. Also in Device Manager> Disk Drives (perhaps if it is showing there uninstall the driver and reboot)

superhoops 17:26 PM 20 Sep 11

Hi rawprawn Thnaks for the reply, the ipad isnt showing in either

rawprawn 18:48 PM 20 Sep 11

Try plugging the iPad in, leave iy plugged into the USB and reboot.

superhoops 23:23 PM 21 Sep 11

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a thought later and plugged in a USB wireless mouse that I hadn't used for a long time. That wasn't recognized either so I guessed that there was a problem with the laptop not seeing new hardware.i ended up setting the laptop back to factory state and then the iPad was recognized. Cheers. Superhoops

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things