ipad 2 face time

gaslamp 13:06 PM 07 Mar 12

I have a new ipad 2 32g wi fi. Facetime doesn't call my contacts, they don't get a ring from my ipad when using facetime. If they call me first I can then call them back but next time it doesn't ring my contacts iphone or ipad. I called Apple but its still the same after one call to them. I am asking here cos it seems better if I can read thru any answers instead of speaking on the phone.

I have tried the ipad wi fi DNS address fix 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have now tried 208.67.222.222 but it hasn't fixed it.

ISP Virgin media cable 10mg Virgin modem. Router Netgear. PC HP. Vista OS. Everything is up to date no malware/spyware or viruses. ipad ios 5.0.1

I have contacted Virgin to get one of their hubs in case the issue is my router.

Can you help please?

Woolwell 16:32 PM 07 Mar 12

I don't use Facetime but use Skype. Don't think it can be wifi setings otherwise you wouldn't be able to get on the internet, etc. Have you set it up correctly? See How to set up Facetime

CFC23 16:49 PM 07 Mar 12

I set mine up as per the link given by Woolwell and it works perfectly.

I have used Skype with the ipad but I find Facetime is far better. I use Facetime to contact my son in NZ and he uses his iphone,we both agree it is better that Skype.

Woolwell 16:51 PM 07 Mar 12

The snag with Facetime is that it is apple devices to apple devices only.

gaslamp 19:06 PM 08 Mar 12

Thanks for the replies. So far it seems to work mostly so I'll carry on investigations.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…