iMac / iPad Problem

rawprawn 16:16 PM 19 Oct 11

In my innocence about all things Apple, I had an iPad into which I put a password for I Tunes to allow me to buy Apps and allow me to sync with my old Windows 7. I have since bought an iMac which asked to be updated to I Cloud from Mobile me. I mistakenly thought I had to put in a new password which I did. Here is the problem I cannot buy anything unless I use the iPad password or update anything except what it updated in I tunes. iCloud now has no criteria from which to update using the new password I entered. I cannot now update Documents etc thru I Cloud and I can only update Addres Calendar etc thru the original account set up. I cannot Delete the second account, although I am told I can delete all information on it but I am not sure that would work. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me out of this self inflicted mess. RP

johndrew 10:07 AM 20 Oct 11

Does this help for the iCloud password?

And this for the iPad?

rawprawn 10:50 AM 20 Oct 11

Good morning john drew, unfortunately changing the password is not the answer. I need to be able to either delete one of the registered sign ins, or find a work around. I am fortunate that I am not using the iPad for work, so not having documents on it is not causing any great problem. However I would like to get it working properly. Thanks for your respond RP

Woolwell 11:08 AM 20 Oct 11

Have you accidentally created 2 Apple id's? Does this help at all Apple support

rawprawn 13:17 PM 20 Oct 11

Hi Woolwell, yes I have looked at that earlier. The problem is if I use I Tunes ID I can sync everything except Documents. However if I then connect using the ICloud ID it shows it can download everything, bu it shows that there is nothing in any of the download options ie Documents as though it is not seeing my iMac at all.

Woolwell 16:30 PM 20 Oct 11

Can you delete the icloud id and insert the itunes id instead? Suspect that you have tried that.

rawprawn 16:40 PM 20 Oct 11

Woolwell Hi yes I have, you can only delete on your computer or iPad, but the account remains in ICloud. As I mentioned earlier I have heard that although you cannot delete the account,but you can delete all information in it. Problem with that is I don't know if that would solve my problem or simply dig a deeper hole. Thank you for trying to help

Woolwell 16:45 PM 20 Oct 11

Apple will not let you merge the accounts so I think that you may have to get rid of one. But I am far from sure as I only have an iPad not a Mac.

rawprawn 17:22 PM 20 Oct 11

As I said as far as I know you. Cannot delete an account

Woolwell 17:48 PM 20 Oct 11

I'm grasping at straws - Have you seen this Multiple id on ios5?

rawprawn 18:43 PM 20 Oct 11

Yes I'm afraid so, I have done as he suggests but when it connects it shows that there is nothing to download (or sync)I think I may well have to accept that I made a mistake that I cannot correct. I will leave the thread open and I WILL KEEP TRYING. Thank you for your help. I used to be in the Wool Trade, your name interests me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016