iMac G5

Gorillaz 10:06 16 Nov 05

I know this is a PC forum but it is only one I subscribe to so apologies for posting an Apple question.
My son purchased an iMac G5 17" 1.9ghz for his graphics design course in early October from the Apple web store. Following numerous promises of failed delivery dates he decided to can cancel his order and buy the system from a supplier who had stock. Apple agreed to upgrade him to the next available system which is the 20" 2.1ghz. To be able to do this he was told that he would receive an order confirmation for 17" 2.0ghz unit that was in the process of being superseded by the 20" 2.1ghz. He was told that under Apples terms and conditions he would automatically receive this upgrade. He was given a returns note number and told to reject the 17" 1.9ghz when it was delivered. He has a confirmation order stating that his original order was cancelled and replaced the new product 17" 20ghz. Apple have debited his credit car for the cost of the original system. This replacement still has not arrived and my son has now been told that there was a mistake and he should not have been offered this upgrade. Instead he has been offered the same specification as the original except this is the latest version and has a couple of new features. They still cannot confirm a delivery date and have offered a small discount which goes nowhere near the cost of aggravation that he has had to put up with. What is the legal position?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…