iMac Airport connection

iconoclast 08:00 25 Jan 08

I am running a mixed network; a recently purchased iMac, a PC, a Mac laptop and an Apple Airport Express working as a print server - all through Netgear RangeMax DG834PN. Afetr some set-up problems, all is working well except that the iMac will not automatically connect to the home network after disconnection. This, in spite of the fact that, as far as I can see, all the Airport settings on iMac and MacBook Pro (which connects automatically) are identical. Connecting the iMac is a real pain and involves having to use the Diagnositcs part of Network Preferences. Any ideas?

johnnyrocker 10:56 25 Jan 08

for some reaso i suspect that the imac is unable to find the ip of connections and some time ago when i worked for an isp the only solution was to reboot all before restarting i mac, i dont know if it is still the same or has been improved sorry.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…