iMac is acting like has a virus

Karolina Petraityte 21:33 19 Feb 17

My first mymac keyboard sometimes after sleep doesn't work so I deleted the password. Secondly, I need 3-5 times to quite safari. It doesn't allow to force quit. Several times I needed to force shut my computer. Every time even when I quit safari when I turn on my computer pops a table with report about safari didn't quite last time. I can't delete safari because it shows that it is still open.. Now my apple mouse moves but doesn't click on open terminal, preferences and activity monitor BUT clicks on all finder files... I can't quit terminal, preferences and activity monitor. And my computer won't shut down... WHAT CAN I DO???

HondaMan 12:36 20 Feb 17

We need more details; age of iMac; op/sys; keyboard. Have you added anything recently, hardware/software Have you tried using it with standard keyboard/mouse

Sapins 13:23 20 Feb 17

Click on the "apple" top left of the screen then click restart, if this doesn't work click and hold on start button on the left side back and hold until the mac shuts down wait a minute and then click on the button to restart.

You can also have a "chat" with a technician via Apple/support.

Karolina Petraityte 18:51 20 Feb 17

OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 late 2013

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes