IE6. shuts down after Macromedia download

sputnick 17:52 06 May 04

I have recently received a popup box when I access certain sites asking if I want to dowload Flash Player 7.
If I say no the box keeps coming up.If I try to download I get a message saying Explorer will shut down.The system then hangs and the cycle repeats.
I have deleted all files related to macromedia and this cures the problem until I get another popup at any site that needs to use flashplayer.
Any suggestions please.
Using windows 98SE.

Eastender 18:05 06 May 04

Well you could try downloading flash from click here

or get a popup killer, I use the freeware version of 'Another IE Popup Killer' from click here

sputnick 18:22 06 May 04

Thanks. I`ll try the popup killer,I`ve tried to download direct from Macromedia site but get the same problems.I also get a message saying error report and either to send or not, if I send it goes through the motions etc. but hangs on sending
error to Microsoft.
How do I manage to get Flash player and shockwave back onto the system if I can`t get past the dowload stage.

Eastender 19:52 06 May 04

It's possible you have the remnants of a failed install. Only way I can think of would be to do a search and delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…