//some 3rd party need geo

IE6 freezes when dowloaded Macromedia Flash Player

sputnick 19:10 02 Jun 04

I have been having trouble when downloading FP7 either direct from site or when prompted to download. I get a message saying Explorer has encountered a problem and will be shut down. I then get an error report box and if I answer yes to report error.
It goes throught the routine but when it gets to the send error report it gets no further and explorer freezes.
The only way to escape is ctrl/alt/del then I get a box saying DW15 (not responding)
I then have to ctrl/alt/del twice to reboot.
This problem stays until I remove all traces of Flash Player.
I have tried all the suggestions from knowledge base and have updated IE6 with the latest updates.
Any suggestions please.

Using Win 98 se. AMD 2400mhz proccessor and 516mhz.ram
How can I contact Macromedia as the report form requires a serial no. or product no.
As it is a download and I can`t install.I can`t find a serial No.

Dan the Confused 20:17 02 Jun 04

Try repairing IE6 using method described at click here and downloading Flash Player again.

sputnick 09:43 03 Jun 04

I`ve tried repairing explorer and it now does not freeze unless I answer yes to send the error report.If I don`t send the error report it just restarts explorer.It seems to have installed fp as one of the sites that needs it runs but then I still get the message "explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down".
Also if I try to access the Macromedia site the same happens.
I have checked the Trusted Sites and Macromedia is one of them.

€dstowe 09:48 03 Jun 04

Don't confuse Windows Explorer with Internet Explorer.

sputnick 17:09 03 Jun 04

Thanks, but it is Internet Explorer 6 I`m having trouble with.

Dan the Confused 23:42 03 Jun 04

Try clicking START>RUN and typing SFC /SCANNOW (you will need your Win98se CD).

sputnick 19:22 04 Jun 04

I can`t find SFC/Scannow anywhere on Windows 98 se.

Dan the Confused 22:19 04 Jun 04

No, I mean put your Win98se CD into the drive (close its window if it opens). Then click START>RUN and type SFC /SCANNOW into the box (include the space) and press enter.

Dan the Confused 03:25 05 Jun 04

Actually, for Win98se click START>RUN and type SFC (press enter) and then click OK on the window that appears.

sputnick 08:47 05 Jun 04

Thanks, done that,replaced a number of files but problem still there.
I have the FP program and the uninstaller at hand so if it causes problems I just uninstall until I`ve got a fix.

Dan the Confused 03:22 06 Jun 04

Um... (Running out of ideas now.) Have you tried repairing the registry? I've heard EasyCleaner from click here has a very good registry cleaner. In fact, use it to clean all the other unecessary stuff off your system and see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…