An idiots guide to using macros

Tulips 20:12 26 Aug 05

I have a league table set up in Excel and would like to use macros to sort it into points order without using my brain which hurts when I think too much.

VoG II 20:40 26 Aug 05

So you will have to use your brain to explain in detail exactly how your worksheet is set up and precisely what you want to accomplish.

Tulips 20:55 26 Aug 05

OK here goes, 24 players in a league table on a spreadsheet "A", on spreadsheet "B" there is a grid with said players across the top and week 1 to week 38 down the left hand column, each week players get points and they go in the grid,I have a formula for getting the figures from "B" to "A" all I need is the formula to sort the league table on "A" into highest points to lowest without doing it manually, hench the macros. Hope this is clearer than mud.

VoG II 21:05 26 Aug 05

Not really but try this.

Tools | Macro | Record new macro.

Then manually perform your sort, and then click the Stop button on the Macro Toolbar.

Be aware that if the list to be sorted contains formulas with relative addresses (e.g A1) then sorting may mess this up. To avoid this happening use absolute addresses (e.g. $A$1).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…