I can't watch the recorded dvd on the dvd machine

habs 08:54 07 Sep 04

hi everyone

Please help.

When i recoded dvd on my dvd writer it works OK, but i can't watch them on the dvd machine.

I can see the dvd on the dvd-rom,and dvd writer in my computer, but not in my dvd machine.

somebody told me to buy software to encode and decode before burning the dvd, the software called (TMPEG).

I borrowed my friend's dvd which he recorded on the TMPEG software, when i placed the dvd in the machine it says:VCD,play

then i was able to watch the dvd normally.

In which free software like(TMPEG)can you recommend me to use to be able to encode and decode
If TMPEG is good i can buy it if it is not expansive.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
habs

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:32 07 Sep 04

Do you need to finalise the disk before it will play on other machines?

I have a Panasonic (domestic)DVD recorder and to play recorded DVD-R's on other dvd machines I need to perform a finalisation on the disk. I don't know if it is the same for pc dvd revorders.

TomJerry 09:43 07 Sep 04

TMPEG can only produce MPEG2 or MPEG1 files. You need to author a DVD using those files, it does not work if you simply put them on disc. All good DVD/CD writing software have this function, e.g. Nero and Roxio. I do not think you can get a free one.

For better results, use something like Ulead Videostudio (about £40).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…