Hurrah for Apple!

chrishillcoat 12:49 21 Oct 03

I downloaded iTunes last night (it's *free*) and it's brilliant! It's missing a couple of features I liked Winamp having (stop after current, stop with fadeout etc) but it works perfectly, and the way the shop is integrated is very clever. If only I could buy from it... :-(

I read some people complaining that it installs Quicktime (it states this clearly before you install) and that it renames all your music (no it doesn't, unless you choose in the options menu to "reorganise music" or something simple).

All in all, an excellent product. And did I mention that it's FREE?

Chris

Lead 18:35 21 Oct 03

I have been using it for a week or so now and agree it is a most excellent piece of software, especially if you own an iPod - which I do :-D

Lead 18:36 21 Oct 03

click here for help with installation to prevent it from reordering your music files (if you don't want it to, that is).

chrishillcoat 18:37 21 Oct 03

Yes, I'm tempted to get an iPod too ;-)

bremner 18:57 21 Oct 03

I have ordered an iPod and am awaiting delivery.

Does the launch of iTunes for Windows mean the much maligned Music Match software is now not required/

Forum Editor 18:58 21 Oct 03

for iTunes. Another superb example of Apple's design team getting it right.

Now if only they could afford to develop an operating system for PCs that would run Microsoft software............

No harm in dreaming.

chrishillcoat 22:48 21 Oct 03

Sadly the advantage Apple have is that they control everything, whereas PCs have a much wider range of different peripherals, software etc. which isn't guaranteed to work.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, however, that it would be nice!

Chris

Lead 21:21 23 Oct 03

Yes, you can ditch MusicMatch! \o/

I used to use MM to rip my CDs and play my music. I used to use EphPod to sync my library with my iPod. I have removed both.

You can have iTunes and your iPod configured so that iTunes opens automatically when you connect your iPod; it syncs your library; then automatically 'removes' the iPod, ready for you to disconnect it. So no worries about corruption.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac