How long should it take to get your ISP's MAC No?

Giggle n' Bits 23:27 28 Apr 06

I have just given my notice in to Wanadoo and asked for my MAC number they say this will take 5 Working Days. Does anyone know if this is correct to take this long. I have heard where other people have got it the same day within an hour even.

Stuartli 23:56 28 Apr 06

I have twice received a MAC from Tiscali within 15 minutes by e-mail - in fact the first time I received three e-mails in quick succession, all exactly the same.

Only two the second time....:-(

Giggle n' Bits 00:03 29 Apr 06

So are Wanadoo in Breach of anything, is there a quick way to get it from them. There excuse was becuse there not BT then said they have to go through BT Admin to get it. Think this is another false statement for Wanadoo.

CurlyWhirly 00:51 29 Apr 06

I was wondering this as I am going to ask for my MAC code within the next few days.
It seems that some ISP's take anything from minutes to an hour right up to days or even a week!

Also what course of action can you take if your ISP has signed up to the MAC scheme and refuses to give it to you?

Dipso 00:58 29 Apr 06

... the Broadband Service Provider Migration Code of Practice click here para 5

zincy 02:05 29 Apr 06

it only took me a month before they sent my MAC code... aftre 8 phone calls and 3 emails... sighs
it was with talk talk

Giggle n' Bits 14:07 29 Apr 06

Will tick of the days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced