How to connect IPAD to TV

ponytail 20:26 24 Nov 13

This is in regard to my post of a couple of days ago titled what is and how do I get a Apple password which my wife now has. Does anyone know what this does click here saw it in my local Apple store and my wife is looking for a way to connect her IPAD to her TV and I believe this might help

I

ponytail 20:32 24 Nov 13

Saw this click here

Woolwell 21:28 24 Nov 13

That is not what you want. Apple TV is totally different. You were told in another thread that you needed a a digital av connector with lightning connection. But you seem to have ignored that advice.

This is what you require.

Woolwell 21:34 24 Nov 13

Previous thread see my and iscanut2's replies.

retep888™ 21:38 24 Nov 13

More details from Apple , you can stream from your iOS devices ( iPad ) via AirPlay including playing films from Netflix, browse videos from YouTube.

I got mine from Amazon for £76-£78.54, don't forget you'll need a HDMI cable & an ethernet cable should you wish to connect the Apple TV using wired instead of wireless.

ponytail 22:00 24 Nov 13

Thanks Woolwell the TV my wife wants to connect it to only has HDMI would what you suggested be suitable.Am just going to check what other connections there are will come back and let you know

ponytail 22:08 24 Nov 13

I it helps the TV concerned is a Toshiba 19BV500B

ponytail 22:10 24 Nov 13
  retep888™ 22:23 24 Nov 13

Get a HDMI cable to connect the Apple TV to your HD TV & connect it to your router wirelessly or wired with an ethernet cable should you wish.

Configure the Apple TV on HD TV screen using your/wife's Apple ID, then you can enjoy movies/films, photos from your iPad/iPhone, Mac computers with OSX 10.8 onwards by streaming to the big HD TV screen.

iOS: How to use AirPlay Mirroring

ponytail 23:32 24 Nov 13

Thanks for all the replies chaps but to be sure I get this right I have a Apple TV an Apple IPad Air and the television what is the sequence of connecting them to enable Netflix to be shown on the television.Thanks again

retep888™ 00:29 25 Nov 13

how to connect cables to your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)

how to set up your Apple TV (3rd generation) using an iOS 7 device.

Something I'd like to clear up.......

(1).If you just want to watch Netflix on HD TV thru' Apple TV then you don't need iPad to stream, Netflix is on AppleTV already, just watch it from there. (of course if you want to mirror what you play e.g.Netflix movie on your iPad to the HD TV,you can still do it that way)

(2).Airplay is used to mirror whatever played on your iPad to show on the HD TV including videos,movies,photos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…