How to connect Apple Extreme, switch & Home Choice

Amalric I 18:59 21 Jul 05

I am using Home Choice, a system which delivers TV and Internet access over the POTS line. Their set top box has two ethernet ports, one marked PC and the other marked NET. They say the NET does not work, but if you pay them they will come in and set you up with a three computer net and if I connect the NET port to a switch, the lights around the perimeter come on just as they do for the PC Port when it is connected to Airport Extreme.
I have connected the PC port to an Apple Extreme which supports a couple of Airport Expresses and as many computers as I care to connect, wirelessly.
One of the Expresses has gone bad and it will cost £145 to replace it. The computer I want to connect is sitting right by the set top box, so I decided to try a Link Sys switch,instead, connecting it to the set top box, to the Airport Extreme and to my PC. This does not work. neither does connecting the PC to the NET port. Any ideas??

johnnyrocker 19:10 21 Jul 05

in between all these actions you need to reboot the homechice stb cos it has an hour lease on ip address hence swap from one conection to another will not work without powering off the stb between each action ie all off, power stb wait for red light to go out then power router wait for connection to establish (router will boot stb to blue light) then power the pc and should be job done, the router homechoice is the netgear wgr 614 if that helps.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac