Help with Yosemite on Imac Early 2009

Iphigenia Manthos 00:11 17 Aug 15

Hi, I am presently working on an imac OSX version 10.9.5 Processor 3.06 Ghz. Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB 1067 MHZ DDR3 Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512 MB 24 inch, Early 2009 I am a Graphic Designer and work on Adobe Creative Suite. I was wondering if I should upgrade to YOSEMITE or if it will slow y computer down considerably. Also will I need to reinstall Creative Suite 6 or will it work as is?

Macworld 11:37 17 Aug 15

Your iMac will be able to run Yosemite. When we initially installed Yosemite a year ago we had a few odd problems with Photoshop (that might also have affected InDesign). But these seem to be ok now, I guess updates have been issued. It shouldn't slow things down, but updating an OS is always a good time to have a bit of a clear out. Make sure you back up first. You won't have to reinstall Creative Suite.

Iphigenia Manthos 23:14 28 Aug 15

Ok, thank you for your response.

Iphigenia Manthos 23:18 28 Aug 15

If the programs are not working correctly, can I go back to mavericks?

bremner 11:49 29 Aug 15

Do a full Time Machine backup to an external drive before installing Yosemite then yes you will be able to go back to Mavericks

Iphigenia Manthos 22:27 02 Sep 15

thanks again :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…