Help please with my new iPad Air 32GB tablet

TopCat® 18:17 11 Feb 14
Answered

Having just reached (yesterday) my 80th birthday I was presented with the above tablet. My daughter came and 'set me up' with it but being in a hurry, as usual, she didn't have time to explain all its icons and what each did! So I am in the same position with this new hardware as I was years ago when I knew very little about my first PC.

Does anyone know where I could get (printed, hopefully) information on the function of all the numerous icons this tablet has please? I would be most grateful for any help on this if possible. TC.

isca2 20:08 11 Feb 14

This is a full 135 or so pages of the official Apple User manual. You need to have Adobe Reader installed to read it..Good luck

click here

isca2 20:24 11 Feb 14

I also found this manual very good..

click here

TopCat® 20:43 11 Feb 14
Answer

Thanks, iscanut2, for that info.

Since posting the thread I've spent the time hesitatingly 'having a go' on the iPad. I'm beginning to see the light now as I carefully find my way around with my stylus. Got some way to go yet to be proficient but I think I am on the right track!

Patience is a virtue, they say. :) Thanks again for your help. TC.

isca2 20:48 11 Feb 14

No problem..come back if you need more help.

Woolwell 22:57 12 Feb 14

Put the stylus away and use your fingers as there are ways of accessing, zooming etc with multiple fingers.

The book iPad for the Older and Wiser is good.

There is training run (certainly in Plymouth) for the "older" users. I think that it is through Age UK or U3A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now