forgottend pw for ipad

pete h 21:53 08 Sep 14

hya hope someone can help me.. i have an apple ipad but have locked myself out due to forgetting my password. is there any way i can bet back in to it without sending it back to apple.

pete

Woolwell 22:01 08 Sep 14

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that you've forgotten your password and do you actually mean passcode (4 numbers)? If you have set the iPad to use the passcode then you have to use it frequently ie every time it wakes up.

You may be able to reset it but will lose your apps, etc.

pete h 06:19 09 Sep 14

well believe me. and you didnt actually tell me how to rectify it lmao

Woolwell 07:44 09 Sep 14

You haven't confirmed if it is pass code. See Apple support

Woolwell 10:02 09 Sep 14

The passcode on an iPad is like a pin and has to be used frequently. It is easily removed so you don't have that problem but you have to be able to log on and chnage the settings. I use a passcode on my iPhone but not on my iPad as the latter rarely leaves the house and when it does is not out of my sight.

john bunyan 13:22 09 Sep 14

Maybe the OP was talking about his Apple ID password? Until he replies we will never know.

john bunyan 13:23 09 Sep 14

Maybe the OP was talking about his Apple ID password? Until he replies we will never know.

john bunyan 13:24 09 Sep 14

john bunyan 13:26 09 Sep 14

Treble post due to return of forum bugs. I get an apparent fail to post so try again, whereas the reply has actually been registered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…