Firefox - moving between machines

Diodorus Siculus 09:11 20 Jul 04

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take all my firefox folder from my desktop machine running win2k and put it on my laptop running XP.

I am away from home and missing all the functionality of the extensions because I have not updated firefox on the laptop. I already am used to synchronising my mail folders and documents folders so doing the same with firefox would be part of the routine.

If I could just copy over a profile or a configuration folder or something, it would be great - anyone know if there is a simple way of doing this?

I know that I can install all the extensions again but I don't always remember what they are and it is only when I want one a particular function that I realise that it is an extension.

I am about to go into some meetings so I may not get to respond till lunchtime unless there is wifi access in the meeting room. :-)

Diodorus Siculus 13:14 20 Jul 04

Anyone...

keith-236785 19:13 20 Jul 04

wouldnt it be easier to update the laptop with the extensions you like.

then simply save the files you want to use from the desktop pc to the laptop via floppy or usb pen etc.

JayDay 19:27 20 Jul 04

You can run FireFox froma USB memory stick click here

Diodorus Siculus 21:16 20 Jul 04

paperman27 - maybe, but as time goes on and I add more extensions to FireFox and then get used to their functionality, I cannot remember which extensions I have. I know I can look at the extension manager but I only use the laptop on occasion and am used to synchronising before and after use. Maybe I am just lazy...

JayDay - that was going to be my backup option but would mean that I have to use it on both desktop and laptop that way.

I'll keep this open for a while and post back if I find a solution.

Diodorus Siculus 10:55 20 Dec 04

MozillaBackup sort of does the job for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…