fax machine fax number

ripendigging 19:33 12 May 06

I have bought a secondhand Fax machine and I was setting it up with date and time etc.and it ask`s for your fax number,do I just set my phone number plus one as the fax number or do I have to obtain a new number from B.T. Thankyou for any help.

rmcqua 19:56 12 May 06

If you want to share your phone line between telephone and fax machine, you enter your normal phone number. If you want a dedicated line for just the fax machine, BT will give (sell) you one and it will have a different number.
Entering your number plus one will not work - that is somebody else's phone number.

Forum Editor 22:30 12 May 06

is the same as the number on the phone line into which you plug the fax machine.

In the machine's setup there will be an option to set the number of rings the machine should wait before picking up the line. By default this is usually set at around five or six rings, after which the machine will listen for a fax tone on the inbound call. If it detects one it will commence a handshake with the remote fax machine, and receive any inbound fax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…