Excel Macro button

Simsy 15:10 22 Nov 03

Hi folks,
I have a simple sheet that has one simple macro.

I have the macro running from a command button. What I want to do is have the command button stay in the same place on the screen, so that if the sheet is scrolled, (which it will be, often and a significant amount), the button stays where it is so that it can be used.
Is this possible? If so how?

Alternatively, I could have it running via a button on a toolbar, but I only want this button/toolbar to be associated with this workbook. Is this possible? If so how?

Excel 2000 running on Win98se

Many thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

pj123 15:32 22 Nov 03

That's a good question. I have the same type of thing on one of my excel progs, but I have given it a keyboard shortcut so wherever I am on the worksheet I just use "Ctrl + o" or whatever the shortcut is and it runs the macro. It would be interesting to know if the "button" could remain visible on the screen all the time.

I am sure that there are other ways but the way that I use is to use the Freeze panes facility for the window and place the button(s) in the top pane.

HTH

VoG II 16:51 22 Nov 03

I do the same as Whisperer.

The alternative is to create a floating toolbar (with only one button) that is created in an Auto_Open macro. You then need to be sure to remove it on exit in an Auto_Close macro.

Simsy 19:37 22 Nov 03

I hadn't thought putting it within the frozen pane section, even though there is one! I might do that a redesign the layout slightly.

I had breifly thought of the second option you suggest Vog, (A similar point made on MrExcel), but was hoping I'd missed something simpler. I may go down that route, just to prove I can!

Thanks for your interest folks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…