enabling macros in word 2002

purdu 20:23 17 May 03

I am using Microsoft Word 2002 on XP operating system. When I open Word, I get the following error message:
Microsoft Visual Basic. The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros.
Any suggestions, please?

Chris the Ancient 21:14 17 May 03

My first thought is that there is an attempt at a macro being loaded as part of your normal.dot (probably an 'Auto_Open') as you open Word.

If, and only if, you know positively that there are no dangerous macros that might load a virus, you can go to Tools/Macros/Security to get more info and, maybe if you're 100% sure, disable the protection.

I can't emphasise enough how sure you have to be before you diasable macros. A lot of spammers have used a Word document with a macro as a way of sneaking a virus onto your system!

purdu 14:18 18 May 03

Many thanks for this advice, Chris - it made me think carefully before doing anything! I solved the problem by removing the program and reinstalling it. Don’t know why it worked, but so far, so good….

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…