Enabling Macros on Excel 2007

NJF27 11:30 07 Sep 08

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help me - I'm at a loss how to get a macro to run on Excel 2007.

I wrote a little macro to automatically download latest fund prices and update my tracking spreadsheet. The macro worked fine when I first wrote it and I saved the file as excel macro enabled sheet. Now when I load the sheet up the macro will not run (I cannot exit design mode). I've used the Excel help and reset security options to macros enabled, shut down and restarted the spreadsheet but yet to no avail.

Any ideas how to resolve?

Many thanks.

VoG II 19:15 07 Sep 08

Not sure I can help but what exactly do you mean by "I cannot exit design mode"?

NJF27 21:04 07 Sep 08

VoG - By 'Design Mode' I mean the mode your are in whilst writing VBA code and entering tools into the sheet. Once done you would click to toggle out of 'design mode' to then be in normal Excel working mode, but Excel will not allow me to exit this mode and therefore the macro will not run, as it is not 'switched on' in effect.

I've been through all the help options again. Excel is not giving me the option to run the macros when I load up the sheet and is blocking all macro content even though I have selected in the security options to enable macros. Hence appears a fault with Excel 2007 :-(.

If you could help I'd really apreciate it.

woodchip 21:16 07 Sep 08

Enabling Macros, I hope you know, that leaves ba direct door open for Macro Virus

VoG II 21:21 07 Sep 08

A couple of ideas

Press CTRL + BREAK

If that fails, click the Office button (top left) > Excel Options > Resources > run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…