Emachine T2482 Died. Need HD Files

yodez 02:03 29 Jan 08

Hello, I have an Emachine T-2482 that died. How can I retrieve my files and photos from the hard drive? Any info will be appreciated...
Thanks

bebbo 04:47 29 Jan 08

Assuming its not the hard drive that has died you can take it out and insert it in another pc as a slave and get your files off it and save to disk

yodez 06:09 29 Jan 08

I've been doing some research on this and come across your solution. Another thing I found is called a "External USB Enclosure", "scusi". With this HD already being formatted and info on it, do you think this device would read the drive?

bebbo 06:17 29 Jan 08

If you put the drive in an ext enclosure you can just plug in to another pc usually by usb. You dont say what type of drive is in the dead pc, it will be either ide or scusi, check 1st before getting the ext kit

Steve- 08:57 29 Jan 08

This from Maplin works fine with IDE & SATA Drives:

click here

yodez 07:08 30 Jan 08

Thanks for the advice, help, and leads.
I'll check the hard drive wednesday and see what it is. The ones i've checked online at the box stores were a case you slide your HD into. Heat buildup was my concern. The Maplin is an open style, plus it's half the price. Looks like I may lean more towards this style, also draws power from the pc, which is not a concern to me.
Do you know if this also works with vista?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…