Emachine 770 & AGP type help

Giggle n' Bits 00:09 30 Jul 06

anyone know where I can find out which AGP type for a Emachine 770, I am trying to find out if its AGP x4 only or takes AGP x8 as well.

Taff™ 00:28 30 Jul 06
  Giggle n' Bits 00:52 30 Jul 06

but now I find I got a problem. Motherboard spec says 200Mhz/266MHz memory it has only 1x PC2100 DDR Dimm fitted and I went and ordered x2 PC2700 512MB DDR Dims which I understand is 333MHz

Am I the one who miss understands this or has crucial got there memory upgrade database wrong. the PC2700 DDR I ordered is at click here

seems to be my week with the big companys making mistakes

Taff™ 00:59 30 Jul 06

Memory`s not my strong point either but from your link it woul suggest what you ordered is compatible. I`d phone them on Monday unless someone else can confirm one way or the other.

Giggle n' Bits 01:03 30 Jul 06

luckily the one I got is AGP x4 backward compatible.

But I think the memory I need is PC2100 which is getting rare nowadays.

rdave13 01:12 30 Jul 06

Bit confused here. First post asks if AGP X8 or AGP X 4. Usually refers to your GPU or graphics card. If your motherboard only supports x4 GPU then you can certainly install a x8 GPU card, and find better performance even though your mobo will "downgrade" to x4.

Crucial will only advise you of what ram will give the most benefit for your settup. If the ram is a higher spec, as is , then the motherboard can use it with no problem. Though ram will not be used to full potential. You did use their system checker I hope, then you are guarenteed for the ram.

Giggle n' Bits 01:22 30 Jul 06

So adding the 1GB total of PC2700 will not take advantage of the performance but the extra MB will only boost it.

Didn't know that, I thought if a M/board/system could only take part 266 then anything higher is a no no. Thanks for that, I learn something everytime here.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…