Emachine 5230 speakers uninstalled - need drivers

blackiced 14:10 25 Jan 06

I posted on here with a problem with my emachine 5230 speakers not working and needing drivers the other day, and I got a link to

click here but i couldn't figure out which "series" etc my emachine falls into, it is a 5230, and any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Shortstop 14:16 25 Jan 06

If you bought from Staples, you can have a live chat here click here If from DSG then you have to call a premium rate number or you can email them click here

Personally, I'd use the livechat & explain the situation - they may just point you in the correct direction.

HTH

Paul

Stuartli 14:37 25 Jan 06

According to some specifications the motherboard is an MS-6714 (possiboy v50A).

You will/appear to need the motherboard's onboard sound drivers. MSI's support website is at:

click here

Stuartli 14:42 25 Jan 06

The Emachines EM specification, if correct, includes Intel P4 2.8 GHz CPU, 512MB DDR and a 120GB HDD - the rest of the specification is not available as there are no (refurbished) models available at this particular source.

A little more at:

click here

Gongoozler 16:58 25 Jan 06

As this thread is about to drop off the bottom of the page, from where it might well sink into oblivion, I will make a suggestion that might help. Have a look at the computer motherboard, and tell us the make and number of the two large chips on it (not the processor), this might help us to identify chipset and hence the probable sound chip. This might then tell us which drivers you need.

Skills 17:10 25 Jan 06

Download everest free from click here and run that through for a hardware report. That should tell you what sound chip you have and then you can serch the web for drivers here click here is a good start

Totally-braindead 17:18 25 Jan 06

The drivers you want are the sound drivers, they should be on the disks you got with your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac