EMachine 420 mobo

wadjic 15:08 06 Jan 06

got above machine just out of guarrantee motherboard blown no idea which mobo it is
anyone know of a place i can buy one used, or new or an alturnitive mobo i can use
emachine 420
part no 515403
i'd be most obliged
yours wadjic

Skyver 15:11 06 Jan 06

It should be marked on the board itself, open the PC and take a look. Look between the expansion card slots if no model number is apparent anywhere else on the board.

smy13 16:13 06 Jan 06

Motherboard IM845GV

smy13 16:28 06 Jan 06

Manufactured by TRIGEM some Korean outfit unfortunately their website loads in Korean and I ain't that bright (have trouble with inglish !!)

PC Bilbo 18:27 06 Jan 06

Most of these were fitted with an Intel Celeron 2.6GHz Processor and your version G ithink has onboard graphics chip.I believe this model was specially made for PC World/Dixon's and is not on eMachines website.

This does not really matter If you know the processor, go for any reputable make and model
that supports this, and is compatible with your RAM
and does what you want regarding graphics and expansion slots.

One caveat with all of the ilk of Dell, HP and eMachines etc.Make sure their case layout will accept the new Mobo. Quite often they they are specially made for them so standard off the shelf parts won't always fit!I often end up changing the case as well when I repair them as it works out a lot cheaper than buying their spares!

jack 19:43 06 Jan 06

Asoft been said here and echoed by PC Bilbo
Many of the mainstream brands delll/HP et al
use custom parts- Repair and upgrading becomes a nightmare.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5