emachine 370

aiwa 10:51 05 Mar 04

i have just upgraded to a new machine wich is fine,i used my old hard drive,dvd,flopy, in my new machine until funds became available to purchase replacements.ihave now done this and put the new items in my new machine.the problem is my old emachine it wont reconise my cdrw/dcd,also ther are three wires to power the front panel,green/white,red/whiteblack/white.these plug onto small pins on the motherboard,do they have to plug in any perticular order,my local computer shop unpluged these when they up graded my new machine. regards neil

Gongoozler 11:16 05 Mar 04

Hi aiwa.

Regarding the hard drive. You have boaught a new hard drive. Have you fitted this as master and reinstalled your software, or have you fitted it as slave for your files? Is the cd-rw/dvd drive recognised in BIOS.

Regarding the wires to the front panel. If they are led wires, you'll soon know if they are connected wrong because the wrong leds will light up. If you download and run AIDA32 click here, you should be able to find what motherboard you have and download the manual. This will tell you what connector is for what light. If any of the wires is for a switch, then you will either not be able to switch on, or reset the computer. If one is for the internal speaker, you won't get a POST beep.

Aspman 11:17 05 Mar 04

The wire do plug in a particular order. You will need to get the manual for your motherboard to see where they go. If you didn't get it from the shop you should be able to find it online. You couls always take it back to the shop and make them finish the job.

For your CDROM make sure everything is connected properly and check your jumper settings on the back of the drive. It may be set to slave when it should be master.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…