e machine restore factory settings

advice please,how to do it.. do i unplug printer,broadband connection before restoring comp.when done install service pack 2 then do i install norton or aol first. help needed please...

SG Atlantis® 20:08 23 Mar 06

yes disconnect all of them. They'll need reinstalled and your not meant to connect them until you run their installer cds.

Restore computer.
Install sp2
Install internet
Install firewall, AV and do yourself a favour and leave Norton off
Goto windows updates and get updated.
Install printer.
Reload all your programs

got norton internet sec 06 with all on same disc if i leave it switched of wont i get infected.

when i go back online

SG Atlantis® 20:25 23 Mar 06

Sorry, I don't like Norton it's a hog of a program.

Erm, I'd recommend AVG click here or Avast click here anti-virus and Zone alarm click here firewall. all freebies.

Install it as soon as you have the internet set up.

VoG II 20:27 23 Mar 06

I would download SG Atlantis®'s recommended programs before restoring and save them to CD. Then restore, install those programs, then connect to the internet.

already paid for norton.

VoG II 20:32 23 Mar 06

Then restore, install Norton (observe your machine slow down), connect to internet.

SG Atlantis® 20:34 23 Mar 06

Ignore the recommendation then. :p

New list:

Restore computer.
Install sp2
Install internet (Windows firewall is enough protection for a few mins here)
Install Norton
Goto windows updates and get updated.
Install printer.
Reload all your programs

thanks sg computer all done running alright done norton not noticed it running any slower. but thankyou anyway....x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…