e machine banner appears on boot up

wobblymike 19:19 22 Oct 04

I have a e tower which I have just finished flattening and reinstalling a new OS on, immediately after POST, it dispalys a full screen e machine banner which is covering the RAM count, floppy and hard drive check - how can I get rid of this banner? I have tried hitting escape and space to no avail - anyone any ideas

Rgds

Mike

Graham ® 19:31 22 Oct 04

Maybe you flattened it too much.

wobblymike 19:35 22 Oct 04

excruciatingly funny!! - anything more useful to add

Graham ® 19:50 22 Oct 04

Sorry, Mike. I have been looking for you.

JonnyTub 19:55 22 Oct 04

If there isn't an obvious disable/enable logo option in the bios, try enabling /disabling fastboot or something similar (skips memory tests, sorry i can't remember the correct terminology)

Graham ® 20:05 22 Oct 04

Can you give the details of the OS you have installed? Retail version, OEM for instance?

wobblymike 20:52 22 Oct 04

OS is Win XP oem, don't think this is a factor because when I bought the tower it was running ME with same thing happening - I suspect it is something the manufacturer has installed on the mobo firmware, I just don't know how to access it - thanks for trying.

JonnyTub 20:58 22 Oct 04

what bios do you have and it's version number, the os is irrelevant

wobblymike 21:07 22 Oct 04

JohnnyTub
System model is trigem computer e machines 100
BIOS is Phoenix Tech version 1.0201/09/2001

Dorsai 21:21 22 Oct 04

Pc makers do this on purpose. They want everyone to know who made/built the PC.

To shift it, you will almost certianly have to update your BIOS, with a version that does not include a 'Flash' image/screen.

Mobo makers do it as PC makers/assemblers ask for it.

The seller wants to advertise 'this is one of ours', and the Mobo maker does it, as they are asked to.

I looked into upgradeing my Bios, and the Mobo maker gave two download options, one without a flash screen (of my choice) and one with out.

In the end i did neither, the problem was not bios related.

Dan the Confused 21:23 22 Oct 04

Can only find click here Any use?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos