dying machine and random usb disconnection

Freddy 17:56 09 Jun 04

I have a Advent 3.0 Ghz intel pentium4 512DDR and Geforce 4MX440 graphics card. I am running XP.It has suddenly started to freeze after a while. The screen locks on what ever I am doing the mouse pointer still moves but I get no response from any keyboard strokes. The only way to restart is to switch it off by the on off switch. When it is restarted I do not get any message to say that it was shut down incorrectly it just starts as normal. I have run a virus check with Macafee and also run SpyBot all to no avail. Another symtom I have got is that periodically the machine beeps as if you have unplugged a USB device and within a few seconds beeps as if its been re connected. As far as I can see everything is still working. Any help would be appreciated Freddy

Indigo 1 19:09 09 Jun 04

If you don't have a way of checking the temperature of the PC, download Motherboard Monitor 5 from click here

Do you have Fixblast installed ? from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…