down loading music onto apple ipod

my grandson has an apple ipod 20gb for xmas but he would like to know how to transfer his music from kazaa lite to itunes please explain in plain english as i am a silver surfer but it would be marvellous for him thank you

bremner 20:14 08 Jan 04

He would have got Musicmatch software with the iPod.

He would be better served downloading the iTunes software which is now available for the PC.

This will search his computer for all mp3 and automatically download it to the iPod.

I bought my wife one at Xmas and it is absolutley brilliant.

click here for the free download.

I should have said that Musicmatch can also tranfer to the iPod but it is useless compared to the iTunes.

thank you bremner for your reply but it does not tell me how to actually transfer the downloads in my shared folder to itunes

bremner 16:20 09 Jan 04

In iTunes go to File>Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library.

Direct it to where your music files or folders are and it will load them onto iTunes.

Then connect the iPod and the songs on iTunes will automatically download to the iPod.

Ivor_Monkey 17:26 09 Jan 04

But you really need a firewire or usb2 connection otherwise you will ages downloading (copying) music files from pc to ipod. I think with a frewire you can transfer something like 1,000 songs in less than 10 mins, wiithout such a fast connection you'll be there for ever....

The mechanics of copying to ipod are fairly straightforward with itunes doing everything on auto pilot.
I hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…