Dead pixel Apple G4

PeterPaul 12:47 17 Apr 03

The monitor on a newly-purchased Apple G4 1Gz has a visible dead pixel or pixels on the display.

Both the retailer and Apple technical support say it is their policy not to replace machines with one dead pixel.

Can they sustain this position legally?

Would one dead pixel be as visible (and as irritating!) as this one is?

Have I any redress?

PeterPaul

moore_mat 12:55 17 Apr 03

Hi

In my experience, monitor makers always set a minimum threshold before they will consider a monitor faulty. I've seen it time and again (originally with laptops) where there are perhaps only 2 pixles gone. So we'd phone the manufacturer only to be told there needs to be a certain amount WITHIN a certain area before they declare it faulty.. You could try taking it back to where you bought it and trying to sweet talk the customer services dept, but there isn't any official redress. Unfortunately every manufacturer has different policies and they aren't very well known unless you are put in this situation.

Sorry it doesn't look more positive...

m@

PeterPaul 12:59 17 Apr 03

Thanks moore_mat - that's what I was afraid of!

PeterPaul

Tog 13:20 17 Apr 03

Have a look at these Ts&Cs, about half way down the page you'll find the allowable defect for each standard. click here

Tog 13:22 17 Apr 03

there are also guidelines for CRTs

PeterPaul 16:46 17 Apr 03

Thanks, Tog. That gives me an objective standard to argue with.

PeterPaul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…