Creative Technology again V Apple

Jimmy14 16:26 15 Jun 06

I recently had a thread in Speakers corner regarding Creative Technology attempting to get the ITC (International Trade Commission) to order Apple from selling and marketing their i-pods, which was totally absurd.

Creative claimed that the iPod infringes its patent for a music player navigation menu.

Today Portable media player maker Creative Technology has said that US authorities will look at whether Apple's rival iPod player infringes one of its patents.

Creative are constantly trying their hardest for the i-pods to be banned because they are so popular.
What do you think about this reocurring from the last time??
click here

Forum Editor 22:51 15 Jun 06

but if the company's patent rights have been infringed by Apple it's a very serious matter indeed - hundreds of millions of dollars might be involved. Creative applied for a patent for the navigation menu on their Zen MP3 player in 2001, and it was granted in 2005. It is this patent which is the subject of the Creative action.

Only an expert in patent law can decide who is right in these cases, which is why they tend to be tested in courts - judges decide, based on their assessment of the scope of the patent(s) granted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…